CitC Business Consultant information
As part of our activities for CAASTRO in the Classroom, our national schools program, we need to hire a business consultant to help us with specific upcoming events. I anticipate that we would need to meet weekly for 3-4 hours from mid-September to the end of November, and I’d also like the consultant to be present for Galaxy Convention on 4-5 December this year, which they will help plan.
CAASTRO is the ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics, based at the University of Sydney. CAASTRO in the Classroom is an outreach program designed to engage Australian school students and teachers with research scientists.
CAASTRO in the Classroom offers:
- FREE video conferencing, live streaming and Q&A sessions for Australian schools
- FREE classroom resources
CAASTRO in the Classroom is supported by the Australian Government through a Woman in STEM and Entrepreneurship (WISE) grant. The WISE project includes:
- Developing classroom support material that will be freely available to schools via the CAASTRO website
- The CAASTRO Galaxy Convention, a 2-day event to be held at the University of Sydney on 4-5 December 2017
- Delivery of at least 4 live streaming sessions aimed at female high school students
- Delivery of at least 4 live streaming entrepreneurship sessions for women
CAASTRO is seeking to engage a business consultant who has:
- a STEM background
- been involved in creating and conducting training programs
- started their own business and employed other staff
The business consultant will:
- Help design and present content for the inaugural CAASTRO Galaxy Convention
- Help design content for CAASTRO in the Classroom Entrepreneurship live streaming sessions for Women to be held in 2018
Please refer to the following documents:
Quotations are to be submitted no later than 11th September 5pm.