Ebeling, Dr Wiebke - Education & Outreach Manager
Education & Outreach
Phone: +61 8 9266 9174
Research Interests / Responsibilities:
"Increasing science awareness, improving science communication, assisting science education and facilitating science outreach"
- CAASTRO science stories (collated in "Reader's Digest") and press releases;
- Management of CAASTRO social media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube) and video productions;
- Management of project working groups: Museum Victoria (production of planetarium show), Swinburne Astronomy Productions (production of animation library), classroom calendar "Bright Stars" and children's comic book "The Cosmic Adventures of Alice & Bob" (launching 18 March 2017);
- Management of outreach partnerships: Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia, "Telescopes in Schools", Mount Burnett Observatory and Scitech;
- Exhibition design and deployment of Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) displays (for instance, at WA Museum - Geraldton);
- Professional Development for staff and students;
- Student supervision for Physics Education & Physics Communication (see report on page 4);
- Oversight of "CAASTRO in the Classroom" program and coordination of school engagement events.
CAASTRO representative in the Australian Science Communicators, in the Education & Public Outreach Chapter (EPOC) Steering Committee of the Astronomical Society Australia and in Astronomy WA. Chair of the CAASTRO Post-Doctoral Committee.