Tingay, Professor Steven - Affiliate
Phone: + 61 8 9266 4669
Research Interests / Responsibilities:
- MWA voltage capture and high time resolution applications, including fast transient burst detection;
- RFI mitigation;
- Radio Cherenkov searches;
- Advanced signal processing (wide-field, near-field beamforming, de-dispersion etc);
- Algorithm development for advanced data processing on large scale interferometric telescopes;
- information theory approaches to calibration and detection of low signal to noise signals.
- Advanced instrumentation to detect the global signature of the Epoch of Reionisation;
- Development of new algorithms for detection of the EoR signal.