The Student Committee aims to assist the CAASTRO Director and Executive with the development of strategies that promote student engagement. This includes making recommendations on ways in which CAASTRO can increase student participation and representation, as well as boost opportunities for students, and monitor progress.
The Student Committee provides broad representation from its membership and different levels within the centre, including members from different member organisations, different genders and nationalities.
The following people have agreed to participate in the CAASTRO Student Committee:
- Joe Callingham, Sydney
- Jack Line, Melbourne
- Bradley Meyers, Curtin
- Bonnie Zhang, ANU
- Josh Calcino, UQ
- Marcin Glowacki, Sydney
- Caitlin Adams, Swinburne
- Paul Scott-Taylor, UWA
- Fiona Panther, ANU
Interested in undertaking a PhD with CAASTRO?
For examples of the type of research you could undertake as a CAASTRO PhD student, please visit our PhD Alumni page.
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD with CAASTRO, please email the following details to Kate Gunn, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Contact details
- Research topic
Some of the benefits of becoming a CAASTRO student include:
- Up to $15,000 pa towards travel
- Up to $5,000 pa top-up scholarship
- Eligibility to apply for workshop funding through a competitive process
- Full support to attend our 3-day CAASTRO Annual Retreat each year
- Regular Theme meetings with a range of researchers in your area of interest
- Access to mentors and collaborators from across Australia and the world