Visa and Flight Information
All travellers other than Australian and New Zealand citizens need a valid visa or authority to enter Australia (including electronic visas).
Please contact the organisers if you need a letter of invitation for your visa application. For some nationalites, processing and issuance of visas can take several weeks/months, so apply well before your planned travel.
For more information:
- Please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website: here
- Fact Sheet for Conference Travellers
- Visa Requirements for Conference Travellers
Brisbane Airport is the primary international airport serving Brisbane and South East Queensland. It is the third busiest Australian airport . The airport services 26 airlines flying to 42 domestic and 28 international destinations. The airport has numerous facilities including ATMs and currency exchange, baggage wrapping, toilets and showers, parents rooms. mobile chargeing stations, etc.
For more information about Brisbane Airport: http://www.bne.com.au/
Transfers to and from Brisbane Airport
You can travel to Brisbane City and the University of Queensland via the following methods:
- Taxi - approximately $AUD55.00 to $AUD75.00 one way
- Bus - conXion Airport Transfers meet every flight arriving into Brisbane Airport seven days a week, offering one way or return "door to door" coach services from the Airport to/from Brisbane city, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast. Passengers can book transfers at the conXion customer service counter on Level of the International Terminal, kerbside booth at the Domestic Terminal or online here: https://www.con-x-ion.com/
- Car Rental - all major car rental companies have desks at Brisbane Airport including Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty and Europcar
- Uber - cost approximately $AUD35 - $AUD50