Gender Action Toolkit
Welcome to the ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO) Gender Action Toolkit. We are often asked if we can assist other groups with their gender and diversity journey. We have put together some resources to give you some guidance and thoughts on how to achieve gender equality within your discipline or organisation. Some of these resources are still a work in progress with an expected completion date of December 2017. CAASTRO is committed to a family friendly and flexible working environment and since 2013 we have developed a range of tools and policies to guide our strategy. Please use the resources below as widely as you wish, however we ask that you attribute CAASTRO when you use or adapt them.
Attribution: “Developed from a policy provided by the ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO)”.
We wish you well on your journey.
Professor Elaine Sadler FAA
- CAASTRO’s Path to Gender Equality: how one question changed everything
- Gender & Diversity Policy
- Gender Presentation – a visual summary of activities
- Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct - slide
- Strategies – it is not just one thing
- Family Friendly Factsheet
- Cyber Safety Factsheet
- Exit Interview
- Gender Action Committee
- Gender Statistics - Membership profile
- Gender Statistics - Workshops (in progress)
- Gender Statistics - Annual Retreats (2014-2016)
- Gender Statistics - Recruitment
- Other resources
Professors for Change
Professors for Change is a new inititiative of our Gender Action Committee. It is currently is its pilot phase, and we are seeking expressions of interest from Professors across a broad range of disciplines who have a genuine committment to gender equality.